• Dr. Percival Sampaio-Barros, MD, PhD, is Assistant-Rheumatologist of the Rheumatology Division of the University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine.
• More than 140 publications in peer- reviewed journals.
• In the field of Spondyloartritis, he was the National Coordinator of the Brazilian Registry of SpA (2006-2020), Chairman of the Committee of SpA of the Brazilian Society of Rheumatology (2006-2012), first author of the Brazilian Guidelines of SpA – Axial SpA and PsA (2004, 2007, 2013), senior author AxSpA (2020), and acting member PsA (2021) and NSAIDs (2021).
• Member of the SpA Study Group of PANLAR.
• Member of ASAS since 2005, acting as member of the Executive Committee (2014-2020) and now member of the Advisory Board (since 2020).
Research & Clinical Focus